SPORTS EQUIPMENT CENSUS
Posted on August 11, 2015
Sports usage & elite athlete equipment census surveys are undertaken at major events across sport including tennis, cycling and golf. Equipment censuses enable manufacturers to monitor athlete endorsement, identify new potential players; and make verified marketing communication claims on product performance and usage.
Monitoring the sports equipment, footwear, and apparel used by participants at sporting events enables:
- Product claims: a brand or model count enables claims such as “#1. On Tour” or “#1. At a Championship”;
- Future sponsorship targets: to identify emerging players for endorsement contracts;
- Monitoring of current sponsorship contracts;
- Equipment validation to ensure that all players are using conforming equipment;
- Evaluation of specific equipment usage and adoption of particular innovations – used by Rights Holders to monitor athlete behaviour.
SPORTS MARKETING SURVEYS INC. is the official census provider for the All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) at The Wimbledon Championships. Sports Marketing Surveys has undertaken the Official Equipment Census since 1985.
SPORTS MARKETING SURVEYS INC. is the Official Supplier of Surveys for the PGA European Tour™. A complete equipment census is undertaken at up to 45 events in 26 countries across four continents during a season.
In addition to elite level professional trends and usage, SMS INC. also provides data at mass participation events to allow brands to evaluate their association and whether their sponsorship is delivering a return on investment.
For more information & how this can be used – contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to results